Do you want to improve your memory? Your grades?
Are you worried about your memory? About getting older? About your risk of developing Alzheimer's?
This site, together with its companion site, About memory, offers hundreds of articles and research reports on improving your memory and learning, and how memory can falter. Mempowered focuses on user-friendly advice, while About memory collects and organizes the research, and provides articles of how memory and the brain work.
Recent Blog Posts
- a new book to help you master the Russian / Cyrillic alphabet
- new hardcover and large print formats for some books
- improved distribution / availability of my books
- new online games
- new card game for those wanting to test or improve their memory & attention skills in the physical world
Here's the reason I haven't been updating my website or sending out my newsletter for a long time — I've been working on a dictionary. The Indo-European Cognate Dictionary, to be precise. It's out now, and I'm really excited about it. Excited that it's done, excited than I now have a physical copy that I can use myself, excited because — hey, I've written a dictionary!
- New 2nd edition of Mnemonics for Study
- New Spanish & Italian editions
- New mnemonics articles
I have updated my Mnemonics for Study book. The two main changes are that each chapter now has review questions, and there's an extra chapter which is a very detailed step-by-step case study, showing how and when to use mnemonics to learn the Geological Time Scale.
- My Memory Journal: journal & guide to improving your memory
- Make Your Own Memory Journal: digital version available for immediate download
- Prices slashed on all Wayz Press memory and study ebooks, for the holiday period
- New articles with tips on improving your sleep, and advice on building cognitive reserve
My Memory Journal
At the same time as a group of French parents and teachers have called for a two-week boycott of homework (despite the fact that homework is officially banned in French primary schools), and just after the British government scrapped homework guidelines, a large long-running British study came out in support of hom
Dr Fiona McPherson has written several books on memory & learning, including: